Professional coaching is defined as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”, according to the International Coach Federation, the preeminent credentialing body in the coaching industry.
Career coaching pairs the disciplines of professional coaching and career management in a powerful and productive relationship where the coach partners with clients to uncover liberating truths, master career tools/resources, and leverage personal tenacity that will lead to a rewarding career. A Career Coach does not find a job for you, rather he/she works with you to heighten awareness; stimulate thinking; and remove barriers where needed.
A Professional Life Coach is a trusted mentor who can help you identify and uncover what keeps you from reaching your fullest potential. It is a one-on-one relationship that provides a supportive and non-judgmental space to help you create what you want for yourself. You can find a Life Coach to help you strategize and acquire the tools you need to achieve your goals. It consists of steps to help you identify and reframe your thoughts and attitudes. It can also help you break negative habits, acquire new methods of identification, and take action to achieve your maximum potential!
Leadership coaching is an individualized process that builds a leader's capability to achieve short- and long-term organizational goals. Coaching is personalized, customized, usually conducted one-on-one for a defined period and with a specific business purpose in mind.
While the life coaching I provide can be therapeutic, it is not therapy. Coaching is distinct from traditional therapy because it is not designed to address psychological issues. While emotional issues may arise, the primary focus of life coaching is to help you identify your goals, achieve them, and develop constructive habits and skills. There is little emphasis placed on the past with coaching, but instead the focus is on creating what you want now and in the future.
The results will vary depending on what brings you to a Coach, but generally include many of the following:
For the individual:
- improvement in individual’s performance, targets and goals
- increased openness to personal learning and development
- increased ability to identify solutions to specific work-related issues
- greater ownership and responsibility
- development of self-awareness
- improvement of specific skills or behavior
- greater clarity in roles and objectives
- the opportunity to correct behavior/performance difficulties
- you improve your relationships,
- resolve ongoing negative behaviors,
- improve your overall health,
- live a more balanced and enhanced life, and make your dreams come true!
For the organization:
- allows fuller use of individual’s talents/potential
- demonstrates commitment to individuals and their development
- higher organizational performance/productivity
- increased creativity, learning and knowledge
- motivates people
- facilitates the adoption of a new culture/management style
- improves relationships between people and departments
I require a 24-hour notice to cancel all sessions. Please be sure to contact me if you will not be able to make your scheduled appointment to avoid being charged for the session.
What we discuss will be held in confidence and not shared with others. However, our discussions are not privileged for legal purposes. The privilege of confidentiality that exists for the clergy, therapists and attorneys is not granted to coaching professionals. That said, life coaching is a confidential process, and your personal information will always be protected.